Wednesday, December 1, 2010

One at a time?

I am a big believer in the concept of stepping back from time to time and looking to see where you are at in your life, personally, professionally, and most importantly spiritually. You have to be honest with yourself when you do this. You cant look at the mirror that is darkened but one that is bright and clear to show all the imperfections. I preached on Sunday about Songs of Solomon 2:15, the verse about little foxes that spoil the vines. I took the time to look at my life and saw that there were some things that I had let into my life that were not beneficial to where I want to go. The first thing was my food choices. I am a big man and love food with a passion. But I sometimes will let myself make unhealthy choices and lately it had come to a point of "accidentally" consuming double the amount of calories that I need every day. Extra extra fluffy here I come. Food may not be your problem but there is always something that we have in our life that can take us from where we need to go. It may be TV, relationships, jobs, money, Facebook, or any number of things that will take us away from where we need to be. So I am making the changes necessary to help me stay away from unhealthy choices and also to save money(a Taco Bell habit can be expensive).

I also normally think that a person should work on one area at a time in their life. This is how I usually work with people, overcoming one battle and then onto the next. For me right now though, there are some other things that need attention as well. So for now, I have made several changes at once in my personal life. This ought to be fun. I apologize in advance to my family if this makes me crazy or grumpy. Sometimes you need just a little repair work, sometimes a quick overhaul, and some people need a complete rebuild. You are the only one that can know for sure. Step back and look in the mirror and be honest about where you are in your life. It may take a personal challenge to yourself or maybe even outside help to make the change or changes needed. Just go for it.

Pastor Bryan J

No comments:

Post a Comment