Wednesday, April 23, 2014

The Hardest Place to Dress For

     I am not one to be overly picky about how I dress to go almost anywhere.  My goal is to be ready in 10 minutes or less depending on if I am wearing socks or not.  There is one place that really stresses me out about how I dress though.  It is not church, or an interview, or even court.  I am confident on how I should dress when I go to these places and have the outfits already chosen for them.  The hardest place to dress for is when I go to the doctors office.  It literally takes me an hour or more to get ready.  Shower first making sure all your body parts are clean.  Then the hunt goes on for the correct underwear.  Nothing that has holes in it is allowed(I am guy so this is harder than you may think).  Same goes for socks.  If it has holes, it is a no go.  The next part is the pants, no holes and can you button them without jumping around or struggling.  The undershirt has to have no stains and preferably no cut off sleeves.  Why the pressure?  Because you never know how far the doctor is going to want to go.  He will see it all.  The people you work with will never see your holey underwear(hopefully), but he will.  Your church will not see your toes coming through the holes in your socks, but he will.  So when I go to the doctor, I want everything to be clean, nice, and whole or I will be embarrassed.  Christ sees all and knows all, you may be able to hide the holes in your life from your family and friends, but you can't from Christ.  The wonderful thing is that Christ will help you fix these holes that are in you.  Take your imperfections to Him.  Where are the holes in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment